The current social and economic climate in the UK means that it is becoming even more important to be responsible about tax in the business world
No one enjoys paying tax, but a growing sense of public morality means that now more than ever businesses are simply looking to pay their fair share within legal requirements.
At Walpole Dunn, we recognise this and work closely with our clients to help minimise their exposure to tax and so maximise the amount of profit they keep.
The rate of UK corporation tax is soon to be one of the lowest in the world, but this doesn’t mean that directors and their advisors can’t do more to help lower a company’s tax bill.
Here at Walpole Dunn, we provide a complete corporate tax service. Our proactive approach means that we can help make sure that you adhere to the tax return filing and tax payment deadlines and budget for future liabilities, so that you’re never hit with unexpected fines or a surprising tax liability.
For us, corporate tax doesn’t just mean calculating the tax payable on company profits. Together with our Research & Development and Business Plans services, we consider all aspects of a company’s tax affairs, including:
- Maximising tax-reducing claims, such as capital allowances;
- Considering the interaction between a company and it’s owners – some business owners use their company’s bank account like their own current account – we help explain the tax implications of this and develop tax-efficient strategies to avoid nasty surprises down the line;
- Advising on Research & Development tax relief – helping company’s maximise the corporation tax relief they receive on their innovative activities – see our dedicated page;
- Advising on Enterprise Management Incentives (“EMI”) – considering the benefit of introducing a tax-efficient share scheme reward package for key employees – see our dedicated page;
- Enterprise Investment Scheme (“EIS”) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (“SEIS”) – helping raise finance with tax-efficient capital schemes – see our dedicated page; and
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries.